Years of Experience |
James A. DeVita has been a practicing attorney
in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area for over 20 years. Licensed to practice
in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, Mr. DeVita is an experienced
trial attorney. As a trial attorney for the United States Department of Justice
and the District of Columbia
attorney General's Office, Mr. DeVita has handled
more than 300 civil cases and has appeared as sole lead counsel in 30 jury trials.
Mr. DeVita has extensive experience in handling:
- Personal Injury Cases including Auto Accident, Slip and Fall, Medical Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, Negligence, Products liability, Assault and Battery, Libel and Slander, False Arrest and Police Brutality, Fraud, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Violation of Right to Privacy
- Employment Cases including Wrongful Termination, Racial, Sexual, Age, National Origin and Disability Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Retaliatory Discharge, Equal Pay, Family and Medical Leave, Negligent Hiring,
Non-compete agreements, Misuse of confidential information, trade secrets, customer lists, Tortious interference with contracts, Severance Agreements, Employment Contracts, Security Clearances, Refusal to Hire, Background checks
- Divorce and Family Law Cases including Divorce, Uncontested Divorce, Alimony, Child Custody, Child Support, Property Division, Separation Agreements, Pre-nuptial agreements, Adoptions, Protective orders, Name changes
- Criminal Law Cases including Disorderly Conduct, Shoplifting, Trespass, Damage to property, Larceny, Embezzlement, Theft, Assault and Battery, Drug Possession, Possession of Marijuana, Cocaine, Drunk in Public, Bad Checks
Bail, Bail Bonds, Plea Bargains, Trials, Expungement of Prior Criminal Offenses
- Traffic Cases including DWI, Driving While Intoxicated, DUI, Driving Under the Influence, Reckless Driving, Driving on a Suspended License, Speeding, Aggressive Driving, Improper Backing, Turning, Passing Signals, Hit And Run
- Immigration Cases including Marriage, Family and Employer Based Applications For Permanent Residency (Green Card), H-1B, Temporary Employment Visas, Student Visas, Citizenship Applications, Asylum, Deportation and Removal Proceedings, International Adoption
- Bankruptcy and Collections Cases including Chapter 7, 11, and 13 Bankruptcy Cases, Collection of Debts, Defending Debtors, Representing Creditors, Debt
Counseling, Debt Reorganization, Credit Repair, Foreclosures
Mr. DeVita is willing to provide a free initial consultation to any
new client. Mr. DeVita has offices in Arlington, Alexandria, and Tysons Corners,Virginia,
Bethesda, and Rockville, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Please call to
make an appointment.
Trial Attorney U.S. Department of Justice 1998-2000
Trial Attorney D.C. Office
of the Attorney General 1990-1998
Georgetown University Law Center J.D.
University of Massachusetts, B.A. 1979
Arlington, Virginia 22201
601 King Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
1420 Spring Hill Road
McLean (Tysons Corners), Virginia
1050 17th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
7272 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, Maryland 20852
1700 Rockville Pike
Rockville, Maryland 20852
(703) 351 5015